Tuesday, November 1, 2022

The Struggle Within

 Our lives may not be immune to the impacts of time,

nor is our mind between emotions of love and hate.

That is why I keep cursing this wanderlust heart,

which aimlessly searches for that wandering star,

without a guide, or a love to call my own.


I prefer to move forward and not to look back,

but sometimes certain scents keep reminding me.

That I'm a summer heart placed in this wicked winter,

like a child frozen in the passages of adulthood.


All my life I have been a seeker,

trying to find purity in diseased hearts.

Fighting against corrupt minds and principles,

but I hurt nobody even when they pushed me.

In return the pain was never about the physical but the mental.


Even in the obscured world of nightmares,

My heart always lit up like a diya, full of dreams.

However, it was often misplaced in a place of misunderstanding,

since I chose silence over emotions and violence, 

during my struggles with the fabrications of reality.


I am just a black sheep in an otherwise white herd,

opposing the shepherds and the dogs who couldn't put me in line.

I am a clean soul in this dirty social order,

just another peaceful heart who is seeking a place to call home.

No comments: