Tuesday, November 1, 2022

You and I

 One day I'd love to be your comfort,

Wrap you like a blanket when you're confused.

Sing you a bright song on every dark day,

And be the warmth and hope that you can't lose.

I'd love to be the roof to cover you,

When all of life's storms may come your way.

I can be the one you've always longed for,

Because in your eyes I see the words you can't say.


Let us both discard the old frayed sweater,

It no longer fits, it's come undone.

You don't need words to get my attention,

Let us just hold hands, and have some fun.

Your eyes could light the skies tonight,

That smile of yours, melts my heart.

With my guitar I'd play sweet love songs,

This is our time, when our true love starts.


You can drift off to sleep on my shoulder,

It's a pillow only made for you.

I get so euphoric when I feel your heart beat,

To finally realize that my dreams are coming true.

On being with you I am filled with wonder,

A kiss good night, with nothing to hide.

On break of dawn, you'll be my first sight,

This is how it feels, when our worlds collide.

No comments: